Introducing APIflow from Point.io
APIflow is part of Point.io’s API-as-a-Service offerings to enable secure data access, sharing and collaboration via APIs. As the industry’s first API to externalize core business processes, APIflow enables workflows initiated by an internal system to engage external participants using third-party apps effectively and securely. Cloud providers, application developers, systems integrators and IT departments can easily integrate with existing applications, simplify software design and significantly reduce development and maintenance costs, while ensuring that core processes are executed in a precise and timely fashion.
According to Forrester, “A new supply/demand paradigm is driving enterprise architects and application development professionals to a technology inflection point. The demand is for mobile apps — consumers have an insatiable appetite for more apps, developed and updated at breakneck speeds that deliver mind-blowing experiences. And the mobile app consumers aren’t just external — they’re also employees and business partners. As app-dev pros, where do we turn to supply this growing demand? Application programming interfaces, better known as APIs.”
APIflow supplements API Management systems and integrates seamlessly with core systems of record and most common ERP and CRM systems
Previously, organizations required high-cost, custom-coded integrations to engage external participants through web or mobile applications or faced the risks of exposing core systems to the Internet directly. APIflow enables core processes to be externalized through a single, simple API that allows people to participate via web, mobile, or cloud application. Externalized processes remain in-step with internal systems of record without the risks of exposing core systems to direct Internet traffic. Companies can leverage APIflow to engage third-party developers to publish new applications that expand user choice and drive unique experiences through the API.
Key benefits of APIflow include:
- Easy integration with existing applications – APIflow supplements API Management systems such as Apigee and Mashery and integrates seamlessly with core systems of record including salesforce.com and most common ERP and CRM systems
- Significantly reduced development and maintenance costs – APIflow provides a turnkey solution to externalize processes operated entirely in the cloud and preloaded with best-practice processes based on open standards
- Eliminate AppStore headaches and unnecessary app updates – APIflow insolates applications from the impact of process change, allowing processes to evolve independently from the apps that express them
- Simplified software design – APIflow removes the complexity of integrating with Enterprise BPM systems from developers so they can concentrate on the user experience
- Compliance with corporate security policies – APIflow includes a full suite of metadata to support audit and compliance requirements for process execution and data access across platforms and locations, enforcing corporate integrity for all transactions
APIdoc is the industry’s first API to provide connections to all file-sharing and storage technologies and is available to organizations looking for a single, secure interface to all corporate data across all applications.